Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
airborneblue

airborneblue

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Not long back from Belgium. Nightmare from start to finish really.

Coach broke down en route, leaving us stranded for 2 hours until a replacement arrived. Dropped off at ground which is smack band in the middle of an industrial area and had to make it into town from there.. Arrived in town centre and there was a bad atmosphere. There was rumours going round of lads getting stabbed and a few stand offs but never saw any of it. The police were very on top and some would say over aggresive.

Eventually got into the ground, looks very archaic and old fahsioned from the outside, like a big concrete block. The facilites werent up too much, but I have to say when it kicked off the atmosphere was electirc from the home fans. Sat right in the corner on the top tier and watched in disbelief.

Thought we had alot of possesion but were diabolcal in the last third. Played with no passion and only ever really looked like scoring from set pieces. When Pienaar came on, it gave us something else and a little bit of width but overall we seemed devoid of ideas. When we equalised I expected us to take it too Liege but the players just didnt look interested. I think in the end his formation was quite attacking but we just dont seem to have any penetration from midfield. In the end Liege deserved to go through over the two legs.

Arrived back absolutley knackered to find out I have to go into work tomorrow. Oh dear.

FA Cup anybody?
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Will Post pics when I get round to it.

So you lot can see just how good looking I am wink
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:52 pm

airborneblue wrote:

I'm sure you do with a bag over your head hiding :razz:
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 6:33 pm

Posting pics eh? I think I've started a trend .... wink

Its you lads I feel sorry for - travelling and spending your cash for a woeful display like that

Completely agree with your analysis of how we played. Makes you wonder what WOULD make them passionate doesnt it?

Their fans did look mad, and made a lot of noise. With our early possession we quietened them and our first half display reminded me a bit of how the shite played against us first half - a lot of possession without really forcing anything. However, much as I hate to say it, we unfortunately dont have a Torres and we had no clue in that last 3rd. I bet if the game were still going on now we still wouldnt have come up with a decent shot on goal. Lets face it, Jags goal was scrappy and we didnt put their dodgy keeper under nearly enough pressure.

I'm fed up being depressed and I think I'll get my cards from the husband if I sulk any more ..............so........................I'm putting it behind me and hoping we can stuff Newcastle on Sunday smile

It made me chuckle to see young Liege fans with 'STD' painted on their faces though smile
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com
airborneblue

airborneblue

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:52 am

dorf wrote:
airborneblue wrote:

I'm sure you do with a bag over your head hiding :razz:

smile

You calling me a baghead! wink
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Eh, calm down, Calm down :razz:
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
airborneblue

airborneblue

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Dorf, I uploaded this pic of you and your mate, you southern git. wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just got back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got back   Just got back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878 :: General :: Talk shite in here-
Jump to: