Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non football indulgence

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Non football indulgence Empty
PostSubject: Non football indulgence   Non football indulgence Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 am

I might sound like a prat here but I just want to pay my own tiny tribute to Paul Newman

I think he was the first film star I ever had a crush on, such a handsome face and wow those blue eyes. Even as he aged, for me the likes of Brad Pitt et al couldnt hold a candle to Newman.

A great actor and it seems a great man who rejected the glamorous Hollywood lifestyle for a normal family set up in Conneticut - I think he and Joanne Woodward were married for 50 years or something, which is quite a feat these days, especially for celebrities.

I adored stuff like 'Exodus,' 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,' 'Cool Hand Luke,' 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,' and 'The Sting' and more recently 'The Hudsucker Proxy' and 'Road to Perdition' - even his role of Doc in Disney's 'Cars' was memorable.

One of the last true Hollywood greats from an age when actors were actors first and celebrities second.

God bless him, R.I.P. Mr Newman.
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com

Non football indulgence
Page 1 of 1