Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Moyes' contract saga

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
***EFC***

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-09-25

David Moyes' contract saga Empty
PostSubject: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Firstly, David Moyes is the best thing to happen to EFC since Howard Kendall (the 1st coming)
However, this contract saga will he won't he is starting to wear a little thin now. I know this is coming less than 2 hours after a derby defeat, a derby defeat where a lets be honest here an average Liverpool side weathered the storm or should I say light drizzle and then comprehensively beat us without having to break into sweat in 70 degree heat.
Back to Moyes, during the pre season it was documented that he was concentrating all his energies on bringing new players in and thet was his priority. Fair enough.
We are now 4 weeks on from the window closing and still no signature, Why?
This must have a negative effect on players who will be wondering is this man going to be here next year? do I want to run through walls for this man when he is not showing the commitment to the club that he is asking me to show on the park?
I want Moyes to sign up and stay to send out the message to the players and the fans and end all the uncertainty but the longer the contract remains unsigned I can not show 100% support for the man. Is Moyes looking to walk? If so walk and let the club move on. I think this is a watershed year for Everton i.e stadium, ownership and direction.
If you want to be part of it Moyes sign if not walk. You have had long enough now and you are being offered the biggest financial package ever offered to an employee of Everton Football Club.
The ball is in your court.
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Very true. I'm now beginning to think he'll just wait til his contract officially ends (forgive me if it already has as i'm not that clued up on the situation.) and leave. That way he can say well, I never asked for compensation. I'm also beginning to think that the DK thing really did have a factor and he was hoping that it would be sorted and mean Everton will have money. I can understand that it must be frustrating for him not to be able to spend like most clubs can. Had another thought, perhaps he's thinking of going at the end of the season. As leaving us now wouldn't give us time to find a suitable replacement.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
magic juan

magic juan

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm

He'll go after Thursday, turn to Kenwright and say 'see, I fucking told you so!'.

We lost the momentum in the summer, we all know it. For that I blame Kewnright, Moyes has given up the ghost, lost interest and is going through the motions.

Exit UEFA and he has no reason to stay, not even to his players crybaby deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:05 pm

To me, the only reason he hasnt signed HAS to be money, or rather the lack of it. I'm pretty sure he doesnt think hes ready to walk into a really top job just yet so why would he pack us in if its not because he feels he cannot move us on with such meagre financial backing. All this 'will he, wont he' palaver is unfortunate but really I dont blame him and I wont hold a grudge if he does end up leaving. I feel sick at the thought of the likes of Allardyce at the helm sick
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com
bluenosedave

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
I feel sick at the thought of the likes of Allardyce at the helm sick

The style (or lack of it) of football we played today,i think he already is bash

Sorry i cannot yet be more constructive....i intend to finish work,destroy several stellas and a bottle of red then re-evaluate things in the cold light of sunday afternoon. beer
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 pm

In reply to dorf's post. I think if he is waiting to give us time to find a replacement he will be doing more damage than good. Its like when a player is going through the motions when he wants to leave, its best just getting shut and moving on.
I would like to see some strong leadership from Kenwright now
<puts pan on head and hides behind couch>
Issue Moyes with a 2 week ultimatum. Sign or the contarct is withdrawn. Nobody should be holding Everton to Ransom in this way. Maybe this has been done behind closed doors, who knows?

On a slightly different note. I was dreading today and expected a good old fashioned drubbing. When I left the ground I was obviously far from happy but did not feel the pain and hurt that I have felt after previuos derby defeats. In a way this pi$$ed me off the most about today.

Ms_M is right to feel nausia at the thought of Allardyce at the helm though.
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:22 pm

I see what you mean. I'm quite stoic about the whole thing, which is sad. The fact that I went into the for the 1st time ever thinking we won't win (even throughout the 90s, I had a glimer of hope) is terrible. I can also honestly say I don't see where our next win will come from and I think the players feel that way too. Our constant defend and hoofball is not on now. Before, when Moyes 1st came, I was angry about it but looking back realised that we didn't have the players so it was a case of making sure we didn't get beat. Now, we do have the players so there's no excuse. Funny thing is I was fool of Moyes praises over the last two seasons but this is disgraceful
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
***EFC***

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:02 pm

dorf wrote:
I see what you mean. I'm quite stoic about the whole thing, which is sad. The fact that I went into the for the 1st time ever thinking we won't win (even throughout the 90s, I had a glimer of hope) is terrible. I can also honestly say I don't see where our next win will come from and I think the players feel that way too. Our constant defend and hoofball is not on now. Before, when Moyes 1st came, I was angry about it but looking back realised that we didn't have the players so it was a case of making sure we didn't get beat. Now, we do have the players so there's no excuse. Funny thing is I was fool of Moyes praises over the last two seasons but this is disgraceful

As I've said in a previous post I am looking at this year as a watershed. Come next season ideally I would like to see the club sold but not so an Ashley or moody Nigerian consortium.
Destination Kirkby dead and never to be spoken of again.
A manager in place who realises the honour and magnitude of the Everton job and commits to it. Hopefully this will be Moyes. If not then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Moyes' contract saga   David Moyes' contract saga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Moyes' contract saga
Page 1 of 1