Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
***EFC***

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Ive just been led to this site by airborneblue so blame them if I'm a tw&t!

Whats the general feel for the site? I'm a bit of a techno biff myself and only joined the www revolution recently, my only real foray into the internet forum world has been blue kipper. I don't mind it there but it does seem a bit aggressive abd gets very tiresome at times.

Anyway, cut to the chase

Is this site pro Kenwright, anti Kenwright etc? redcard redcard

(This is assuming we are all anti Kirkby, right?)
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:19 pm

*EDIT*

Are we anti Kirkby/Kenwright

Introduction 124zl1f

Last edited by Ms_Moyesyside on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com
airborneblue

airborneblue

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Dont quote me and dont misquote me
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:24 pm

Glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm

airborneblue wrote:
Your name will be mud!!
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:29 pm

***EFC*** wrote:
airborneblue wrote:
Your name will be mud!!

I hope not!
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:30 pm

I think most people here are anti Kirkby but as ever, we'd welcome open debate and dialogue with yes voters, its just that it seems that when they open their gobs they seem to put their feet right in them wink
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm

I've never booed Everton and never will but last night if I could have been ar$ed staying to the end I think I may have come close. I honestly wouldn't know where to start so I won't I'll just say I felt embarrased walking up the hill and had hat feeling that we are going to get a right drubbing on Saturday. Don't think I've ever been so worried going into a derby. To me the Carling Cup was our best chance of Europe and silverware and the manager got it wrong. Should have started with our strongest team and worried about Saturdy later from the comfort zone of the next round.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:42 pm

Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
I think most people here are anti Kirkby but as ever, we'd welcome open debate and dialogue with yes voters, its just that it seems that when they open their gobs they seem to put their feet right in them wink
My thoughts on Kirkby/Kenwright are not so black and white. I didn't get a vote cos I had just got my season ticket and didn't get a form, I thought I was not entitled to a vote. I was wrong so I am guilty of not chasing this up. Had I got a vote I would have voted no emphatically.

My thoughts on Kenwright are that I truely believe he feels he is doing the best for the club and has done good for the club i.e Peter Johnson, appointing Moyes and sticking with him when we finished 17th when a lot of chairmen would have sacked him.

I have had many an argument with fellow blues re:Kirkby and use the DTZ as evidence (transport, effectively free and world class stadium) To me though if the stadium was in Speke, The Loop, Old Swan...you get the drift, I would not be too concerned. My gripe is that the we propose to move out of Liverpool.

So, my position on Kenwright, I like the man as said previusly I think he believes he is doing right for the club but if we move to Kirkby he will forever be the man who took Everton out of Liverpool.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm

You know what mate, after the game all I could think of was all the poor sods who paid out to go to the game and were put through that. Its not acceptable ever to sell fans short like that. To be honest, I thought we might sneak it as I think there's less pressure away from home and our fans are exceptional and really must lift the team. And although they gave it a bit more of a go second half, it was too little too late. This week is going to be interesting to say the least .....
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:51 pm

Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
You know what mate, after the game all I could think of was all the poor sods who paid out to go to the game and were put through that. Its not acceptable ever to sell fans short like that. To be honest, I thought we might sneak it as I think there's less pressure away from home and our fans are exceptional and really must lift the team. And although they gave it a bit more of a go second half, it was too little too late. This week is going to be interesting to say the least .....

I would have thought that Moyes learnt his lesson against Oldham last year. We started then with a weakend side, fell behind and then threw the big guns on. Why not start with the big guns, try and get a lead and then bring them off?
That frustrated me more than anything last night. Felt sorry for Rodwell, poor lad mustn't know if he is coming or going. He is by no stretch a right midfielder and got no help from the likes of Vaughan not coming short. Osman although he gives everything is too lightweight especially in a 4 man midfield. He gets brushed off the ball too much. The sad thing is with osman is another 6 inches (height) and 20lbs he would be a £20m player.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 pm

***EFC*** wrote:
Ms_Moyesyside wrote:

I would have thought that Moyes learnt his lesson against Oldham last year. We started then with a weakend side, fell behind and then threw the big guns on. Why not start with the big guns, try and get a lead and then bring them off?
That frustrated me more than anything last night. Felt sorry for Rodwell, poor lad mustn't know if he is coming or going. He is by no stretch a right midfielder and got no help from the likes of Vaughan not coming short. Osman although he gives everything is too lightweight especially in a 4 man midfield. He gets brushed off the ball too much. The sad thing is with osman is another 6 inches (height) and 20lbs he would be a £20m player.

I half agree with you regarding Osman, but as my dad always says, Bally wasnt the biggest lad in the world but he made up for his lack of stature with grit and tenacity. I'm not saying Osman is in the same bracket technically as Bally but you get my drift? Then again, I suppose thats easy to say .... Bally played alongside Kendall and Harvey ....
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Don't get me wrong he is amongst the best that we have at the moment and I am slowly coming to terms that this is going to be a $hite season. I'm still clinging onto the euphoria of last season and looking to move on and take the next step forward. If we would have done that in the pre-season then I think Osman would have been the fall guy but he does seem to be one of Moyes' favourites.If we play 5 in midfield then he is effective with him and Cahill interchanging butwith 4 I reckon he is a luxury we can not afford, especially ow with our shaky defence.
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:23 pm

I think ability wise Osman is the second best we have after Mikel ( I think Pienaar is up there too) but agaianst a strong midfield he can dissapear, but with the additions of Fellani/Castillo we now have amuch stronger presence in the middle of the park to enable Ossie to become more free.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Sharpy made the point that neither Castillo or Fellaini speak any English ... now I know football is supposed to be a universal language, but surely there's basics they'll need as a lack of communication between them last night seemed to be a huge issue
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Communication has been diabolical the whole season. Even between the english speaking players.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:34 pm

airborneblue wrote:
Communication has been diabolical the whole season. Even between the english speaking players.

Haha, true dat!
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 pm

I think any foriegn player needs 10-15 games to settle in especially with the language issue. This is why pre-season is so important. Felliani seems to be getting some stick on Blue Kipper which I think is a little unfair because he has played 3/4 games? Do you think Moyes was right to bring them off at half time last night? I'm undecided although I am swaying to the opinion that they are only going to communicate, get better by spending minutes on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Well, its typical Evertonian behaviour isnt it? I mean - the Yak was 'shite' not so long ago.

Dunno though .... I desperately want Fellaini to be the player we all hope he will be but I'm having doubts about this 'we tracked him for 2 years' stuff and am starting to wonder if he was a big money panic buy to placate the fans. I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid I didnt know much about him before he signed. With the Yak and say the likes of Beattie I could keep faith with them because I knew they'd delivered before. Saha has shown signs of his former glories in just 2 appearances ..... I really hoped Fellaini and Castillo could hit the ground running because we simply dont have the time to wait for them to get their act together
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:46 pm

We just need to be patient with Fellaini. He looks slighty overrawed and off the pace at the moment but a I am expecting him to improve before long. We shall see though, it will be interesting to see if he starts with them both on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 pm

airborneblue wrote:
We just need to be patient with Fellaini. He looks slighty overrawed and off the pace at the moment but a I am expecting him to improve before long. We shall see though, it will be interesting to see if he starts with them both on Saturday.
I think he has got to start them both with the simple message. Go out there and make yourself a hero. It worked for Duncan cos lets face it when he first turned up on loan he did not want to be here, scored a derby goal and the rest is history. maybe tattoo Jack will have 2 new punters soon
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:04 pm

***EFC*** wrote:
airborneblue wrote:
I think he has got to start them both with the simple message. Go out there and make yourself a hero. It worked for Duncan cos lets face it when he first turned up on loan he did not want to be here, scored a derby goal and the rest is history. maybe tattoo Jack will have 2 new punters soon

I hope the interpreter's up to the job then huh
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm

[/quote]

I hope the interpreter's up to the job then huh[/quote

Its the English way... youo makeo a hero outo yourselfo :scarf:
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 pm

You need a team of heroes in the derby. IF they cant respond to the crowd then something is up. A full bouncing Goodison breaks all language barriers.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:23 pm

airborneblue wrote:
You need a team of heroes in the derby. IF they cant respond to the crowd then something is up. A full bouncing Goodison breaks all language barriers.

I agree with you there but a tense nervouse Goodison plays into the oppositions hands. First thing for Liverpool to do is not concede in the first 20 mins and then take the game from there. I think the game is theirs to lose. Hate saying that by the way. hiding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878 :: General :: Talk shite in here-
Jump to: