Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I love Graeme Sharp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2008-08-16

I love Graeme Sharp Empty
PostSubject: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Listening to him co-commentate on our games is a bittersweet experience because as you listen to his commentary you cant help but think back to the glory days of the 80s and remember how fabulous he and the team were .... and then you listen to him (still as big a moaner as he ever was as a player smile ) and hes just so honest about the team's performance, I love his honesty. He was talking about the lack of communication between Fellaini and Castillo and his exasperation was tangible, as was his anger at the players' body language as they trooped off at half time 'Its like nothing has happened and theyre not bothered' he said. I believe him too and its because of that very reason (players lack of passion and pride in the shirt) that I refuse to let defeats ruin nights/days/weekends any more. That said though, this is going to be one horrible, tough week - tin hats at the ready hiding
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com
airborneblue

airborneblue

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Sharpey is a daimond and massively passionate about The Blues. Top Fella. I remember whilst in Iraq all the lads in my section wrote letters to thier respective football teams and I was a bit guttted when most received replies and I never, and then two weeks before we were due home I received a signed letter from Sharpey and a signed shirt, fantastic. It now sits on my wall in a frame. Is he a moaner, well arent all scotsmen?
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Oh dont you remember that snarl when a decision went against him???? Haha, loved him for that - EVERY decision meant something to him. Wish we had a few more like that (Jesus, I sound like my dad waffling on about the Cannonball Kid omg )

What a lovely gesture from him too - the man is a diamond as you say. Although, he nearly ran me over outside GP once .....
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:02 pm

But thats what we need, players with passion. I dont even think there are that many about in the premier league full stop.

Every player battling for everuything, I thought we were getting back to that last season but so far this season we have been diabolical.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm

I agree, and good players dont become crap overnight, its all got to be down to their attitude. I hope someone puts a rocket up their collective arses before Saturday. I dont mind getting beaten as long as we go down fighting.
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm

I am not sure about Saturday at all. If The Shite go for it, which I am expecting them to do and play two wingers then unless we are tight and battling then we will leak goals. I am worried that the new players might not know the enormity of this game.
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:24 pm

I never got to see sharpey at his best i saw him late on about 1988 and i got to be honest prefered tony cottee there i said it you can now ban me hiding
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

To be fair Sharpey was then on the downturn, If you had seen him in his heyday then you would I am sure have prefered him. Typical Everton centre forward. Class.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:39 pm

How very dare you!!

I remember we'd just signed him and we went on pre season tour to Marbella. I remember this skinny scot getting off the coach before one of the games and swooning smile And then he went on to be one of the best centre forwards we've ever had and my adoration was well and truly cemented.

And if you listen to him commentating now he's 'us' and 'we' all the time - love that too, he's one of us and always will be.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm

dorf wrote:
I never got to see sharpey at his best i saw him late on about 1988 and i got to be honest prefered tony cottee there i said it you can now ban me hiding

In Sharpys book he mentions that Cottee would score a goal and think Job done, even if we got beat or drew. I was only a kid in the 80's (what a time to grow up) but reading his book made me realise what a pro we had. It amazes me that he was never more successful as a manager. He seemed to have all teh right attributes
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 pm

Him and Sharpey never saw eye to eye. If it was a choice between Sharpey or TC at thier prime to wear The Number 9 now, it would be Sharpey all day.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:20 pm

airborneblue wrote:
Him and Sharpey never saw eye to eye. If it was a choice between Sharpey or TC at thier prime to wear The Number 9 now, it would be Sharpey all day.

And all night too
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm

***EFC*** wrote:
dorf wrote:

In Sharpys book he mentions that Cottee would score a goal and think Job done, even if we got beat or drew. I was only a kid in the 80's (what a time to grow up) but reading his book made me realise what a pro we had. It amazes me that he was never more successful as a manager. He seemed to have all teh right attributes

Yeah I read that. I just thought of cottee more of a goalscorer and sharpe as a link up man. i did miss him at his prime. Was he ever near the top goalscoring charts by the way?
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Sharp had everything. Link play, hold the ball up, bring other players in , strength, fucking dynamite in the air. Cottee was purely a goalscorer. I think 84-85 he was top scorer.
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 pm

My first hero was Adrian Heath. I remember him breaking his leg agaist Sheff Wed. Brian Marwood was the culprit who left the field on a stretcher courtious of Peter Reid. My brother still reckons he heard the bone break from the main stand
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Ouch. I nearly ended up in the same bed as Inchy but I'll save that story for another day smile
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
Ouch. I nearly ended up in the same bed as Inchy but I'll save that story for another day smile

PML. Inchy is a hom.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 pm

airborneblue wrote:
Ms_Moyesyside wrote:

PML. Inchy is a hom.

So I heard - I had no idea of that at the time though!

My mates sister was married to John Bailey - we were playing away in Europe and she didnt want to be alone in the house so invited me and and her sis to stay. The two sisters shared the main bedroom, they put me in the spare room. I was woken by a kerfuffle outside the room when apparently after returning home from the game Bails had invited Inchy to stay at his gaff not knowing the spare room was already occupied. I was proper pissed off as I could have sold my story to the NOTW dead cool

Because of that connection I've got loadssssssssss of stories from that era - I'm going to write a book one day smile
Back to top Go down
***EFC***

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Gotta point this out about inchy though. When we got beat 1-0 at city and inchy scored for city he gave the Everton fans the finger
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
airborneblue wrote:
Ms_Moyesyside wrote:

PML. Inchy is a hom.

My mates sister was married to John Bailey - we were playing away in Europe and she didnt want to be alone in the house so invited me and and her sis to stay. The two sisters shared the main bedroom, they put me in the spare room. I was woken by a kerfuffle outside the room when apparently after returning home from the game Bails had invited Inchy to stay at his gaff not knowing the spare room was already occupied. I was proper pissed off as I could have sold my story to the NOTW dead cool

Because of that connection I've got loadssssssssss of stories from that era - I'm going to write a book one day smile

Quality. You should write your memiors.

You mught have turned Inchy, saying that I heard he had eyes for Gary Speed, cue Speedys exit when Inchy offered to scrub his back in the showers.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 pm

airborneblue wrote:
Ms_Moyesyside wrote:
airborneblue wrote:
Ms_Moyesyside wrote:

PML. Inchy is a hom.

Quality. You should write your memiors.

You mught have turned Inchy, saying that I heard he had eyes for Gary Speed, cue Speedys exit when Inchy offered to scrub his back in the showers.

Haha, Speedy was very handsome, who could blame him? smile

Had a lot of time for Speed, wished he'd stayed with us longer. Obviously something went on behind the scenes but always admired the way he hasnt slagged the club off.
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:12 pm

I would love to see him here in the coaching capacity. Wasnt 100% happy when we appointed Round in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love Graeme Sharp   I love Graeme Sharp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love Graeme Sharp
Page 1 of 1