Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Evertonians Depressed Since 1878

A place for Evertonians to meet and moan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everton v Standard

Go down 
+2
1ceablue
dorf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dorf

dorf

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:28 pm

Anyone go to the match? What you think of the game. Our defence is worrying me big time. Lescott is having a shit season so far.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Dogs_of_War/index/
1ceablue

1ceablue

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 am

dorf wrote:
Anyone go to the match? What you think of the game. Our defence is worrying me big time. Lescott is having a shit season so far.

Lescott was crap..our worst player. Vic did well until injured and Osman made the team tick again. Cracking goal from Castillo.
Back to top Go down
Vandamage
Admin
Vandamage

Male Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 am

When Jagielka is our best defender we're in shit, he's another terry, which would be good if we had carvalio next to him.
Every game so far this season i've found myself screaming at someone at the back, mainly lescott.
Why can't our defence and attack just have one season where they all play well!, that said, at least we're not spurs.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Female Number of posts : 1003

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 am

What on earth has happened to Lescott? He's a shadow of the player he was last season, really worrying.

I had a feeling this would happen. In fact, I thought we'd get beaten in this leg before pulling off an historic away win. Right now though, cant see us getting anything out of them at their place but then again.... you know the blues ...... scratch
Back to top Go down
https://club1878.forumotion.com
dorf

dorf

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:25 am

Our defence was the one thing I was confident about last season, going foward worried me, but defending didn't. Now it's the reverse, I think we can score goals but we concede far too many. The 3-0 loss to Portsmouth at home was an eye opener for me, but then again I just thought it was the kids. I wonder if Carsley really is that missed. I'm not sure. I do think that the team aren't getting among the oppo like they used to. We used to never let them settle. I can't believe that I'm actually getting worried when Lescott is either defending or has the ball bash

BTW Ms Moyesyside, I thought you were going to nick me smilies you haven't taken any or have you decided it's no fun when you tell someone you're nicking them :smile:
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 am

Haha, no I'm going to nick them later today once I've got the kids off to school ;)

Agree with you there about the current situation - our defense is woeful - Neville was the best of the back line, how bad can things be? Yobo and Lescott are class players and cant just become crap overnight so hopefully its an adjustment thing, getting used to not having Carsley in front of them mopping stuff up? And is it me or does anyone else think that Jags is Championship level at best? I hope I'm wrong but I just cant see him becoming a mainstay of defense in the Mountfield/Rat role. Did I just write 'defense'? Ha! Anyway, Lescott is a liability at the moment, Howard looks shaky and JY is prone to the odd howler in the best of circumstances - put them all together and I think we're going to need Prozac for the forseeable future crybaby
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:43 pm

I don't think Jags is that bad, but you made a very good point about Carsley. Maybe the defence are used to him mopping up and so they haven't got used to playing without him. Still not a great excuse for Lescott though. He's been aweful so far. I thought perhaps putting him out on the left might do him good but he's just been shit. Lucky not to give away a pen.
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:48 pm

To be honest, when he's on form, I prefer Lescott in the centre of defence but at the moment I think I'd drop him, or maybe try him in midfield? He looks half decent at present bombing forward but is a no no at left back. He wont be dropped though - I wonder what poor old Leighton has done to upset the gaffer? huh
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:51 pm

That's what I'm thinking. I mean players should be picked because of form. Either have faith and put Lescott as centre back and leighton on left or drop Lescott and have jags and baines. doesn't look good for leighton. Not fair because he hasn't had a decent run for the boss to see what he can do. Unless moyes doesn't rate him now he's seen him up and personal
Back to top Go down
Ms_Moyesyside
Admin
Ms_Moyesyside

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Hopefully when Castillo beds in it will help the central defence pairing (whoever that might be) and Howard's current shakiness cant be helping either. Let's hope they get their act together before the return leg - would be disastrous to go out so early in the competition.
Back to top Go down
magic juan

magic juan

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Drop Lescott, seems like ingerland syndrome to me. I though Jags did ok last night,though Castillo had another impressive game as did Big Vic and Ossie, but I think we lack a shouter, a hard case in the team, someone to get the rest fired up, not sure who it should be, maybe Jags, because Neville only shouted at ballboys last night like a shithouse.
No commander. Oh for a Peter Reid, Alan Ball or even Barry Horne for that matter, put some fekkin fire in their bellies FFS. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
dorf

dorf

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 pm

yeah, although Neville is ment to be this model professional, I don't get the impression that he's much of a shouter as you say. Some of the players need someone to tell them what for and give them a kick up the arse. On another note, doesn't Moyes half shout a lot. Usually complete crap too. Would love to sit behind him in a game just to hear what nonsense he's shouting to the players.
Back to top Go down
airborneblue

airborneblue

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm

I still think we have a good chance of progressing. It will be difficult, but I feel ourselves and the shite made them look better than they are. Granted going forward they look good and have a lot of pace in thier team but they have frailities which we can expose at the back. I feel 4-4-2 has got to be our only option, we cant go there thinking defensively. Hit them from the start. As for Lescott I think dropping him was a good decision by Moyes, he has seem disinterested and Juan is probably correct in his assumption of him having "ingerland syndrome". Hopefully he was given the kick up the arse he needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Everton v Standard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everton v Standard   Everton v Standard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everton v Standard
Page 1 of 1